Thu, Apr 27|
HAV Connect - The Role of Ethics in Volunteer Engagement
Time & Location
Apr 27, 2023, 12:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. EDT
About the Event
*Please note that this session is:
- 90 minutes in length
- open to non-HAV members free of charge
We all encounter ethical dilemmas in our daily work. But rarely do organizations focus on ethics related to volunteer engagement.
A representative from the Council for Certification in Volunteer Administration (CCVA) will facilitate this session where participants will learn:
- the difference between personal, organizational and professional ethics
- the core values and principles identified by the Council for Certification in Volunteer Administration (CCVA)
- a process for ethical decision-making that can be applied in any situation, and then practice this using real-life scenarios related to volunteers
- several specific strategies for increasing awareness of ethics within an organization and helping volunteers and staff become more effective at handling ethical dilemmas
Guest speaker info coming soon!